In providing a quote for you, we will ask for information about you and where you live. This privacy notice describes the type of personal information we hold and why we hold it and what we do with it.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, address, telephone number &email address
- Information on work required
- Notes of conversations with you about your work to be carried out
- Dates of your appointments
- Details of any complaints you have made and how these complaints were dealt with
- Details of our charges we have made and the amounts you have paid
Mr Allen Harpley is responsible for keeping secure the information about you that we hold. Our data protection officer & controller is Mr Leon Harpley he ensures that A&L complies with data protection requirements & to ensure that we collect, use, store and dispose of your information responsibly.
The other people who have access to your information include Mr R Harpley he is responsible for the management and administration of A&L
How we use your information
- To provide you with a quote or an estimate of the work to be carried out & the dates this is to be done
- To keep track of the progress of your work
- For guarantee purposes
- For tax purposes
Your information is normally used only by those working at A&L but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example with:
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to a minimum to get the job completed as necessary
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with A&L i.e. HMRC or other law enforcement or government departments, or to our legal advisers or insurers
You hold at all times the same information that we do. As the only information we hold is what we give you i.e a quote or invoice of work to be done or work completed, name, address, telephone number & email
Keeping your information safe
We store your personal information on an external hard drive that is never connected to the internet and is kept in a safe place over night. The reason for this is that it can not be hacked by anyone as we do not trust the cloud system as many more companies are getting hacked.
Your information cannot be accessed by anyone who does not work for A&L: only those working at A&L have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow A&L procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of the A&L premises, and the A&L filing systems .
We keep your records for 10 years after the date of your last job for tax & guarantee purposes.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to A&L in writing or by email. We do not usually charge you for copies of your information; if we pass on a charge, we will explain the reasons.
You can also request us to
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the change
- Erase information we hold although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information about your payment
If you do not agree
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you should discuss the matter with A&L If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue with the work.