we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so, please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 01174566032.
12. Payment can be made by cash, bank transfer, or by building society cheque and we will provide a receipt upon payment. All cheques must be made payable to A Harpley. PLEASE DO NOT POST CHEQUES. IF YOU PREFER TO PAY BY CHEQUE THEN CHEQUES MUST BE HANDED TO THE PERSON THAT IS ON SITE AT THE END OF LAST DAY OF WORK.
13. Any unpaid money after 5 days of completion will accrue a 3% above bank base rate interest charge daily until paid in full.
14. If we need to instruct a debt collector to collect any outstanding payments then all debt collector fees, and all other costs incurred will be paid by the debtor
1. We cannot be held responsible for any cracks or damage that are caused by movement of the building structure if we use tape, EML or other forms of prevention as this movement is unavoidable. During demolition works, accidental & unforeseen damages can occur e.g., If your house is old, the structure of the house will be brittle, therefor cracks and damages are more likely to occur around roof tiles, concrete window ledges, etc. We cannot be held responsible for these damages and if you would like A&L to repair these damages then this will be quotable. We also cannot be held responsible for damages from other tradesmen e.g., scaffolder, electrician etc. We will try our best to protect any UPVC window ledges, door frames, etc, But during demolition works like hacking off render, potential damages like scratches and digs can occur to the UPVC no matter how much we try to protect them. There is only so much protection you can use, and A&L cannot be held responsible for the damages done if we have used all the necessary protection possible.
2. We cannot be held responsible for the dust and dirt created while work takes place; we will do our best to prevent as much as possible with coverings, but there will be areas that will get dirty that cannot be avoided e.g., walls, ceilings, above wardrobes, etc. This dust will need cleaning by yourselves after we finish. We will try our best to cover carpets, but in some scenarios, stains to the carpets are un-avoidable e.g., black mortar, soot, etc as these materials can go through protections. We can provide a professional carpet clean after we finish but any further or existing staining will not be due to A&L. We also cannot be held responsible for any items left in the work area that get damaged as they should either be removed or covered before we arrive to start work.
3. If work is delayed for reasons through no faults of us or our suppliers then we will be able to claim back money for losses and any expenses that occur.
4.The guarantee period from final date of completion is 12 months; during this period, we will correct any problems caused by bad workmanship or defective materials at our own cost unless materials are provided by the client. We will not be held responsible if the cause of the defect was from the client or any other accidental damage not resulting from our work. Our guarantee is not insurance backed
5.If materials used have been purchased by the customer and are found to be defective in our opinion then any work to replace or correct the items will incur extra costs.
6.If the adjoining property or site access will affect the finished work and A & L Building Services can predict this, we will write a letter informing the client and work will continue at their own risk; if the problem was unseen then we are not responsible for the damage caused.
7.A&L Building Services take no responsibility for existing problems e.g., rotting timber in pre-standing structures such as door frames etc.
8.If the client has any problems with the work after the guarantee is over then we will investigate the issue as soon as possible and talk about a solution to the problem. Charges might apply for any work outside the guarantee or to any item not covered by our guarantee. Your statutory rights under the consumer rights act are unaffected. Our guarantee is not insurance backed.
9.In some situations, mainly rendering and demolition works, roof tiles and patios can get messy with cement and dust etc. We will use coverings to protect as much as we can, but the mess will be un-