A&L BUILDING SERVICES
Disclaimer This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It is not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee and may contain information which is confidential and legally privileged. If you have received this communication in error, please preserve its confidentiality, notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and destroy the original. Any copying or dissemination of this communication is unauthorised. Email communications are not secure and therefore A&L Building Services does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of A&L Building Services
Dear Thank you for giving A&L Building Services the opportunity to quote for your work.
Based on the discussions we had, please find attached our quotation or estimate which details the scope of work required and a summary of the expected materials cost.
If you would like to proceed with this quotation or estimate please reply to this email stating you agree with the quotation or estimate and the terms and conditions of work which are detailed below. Also please state where necessary the quote or estimate number or numbers you would like to proceed with.
Thank you again.
With kind regards,
Allen & Leon
Allen Harpley & Leon Harpley
T: 0117 325 7790 or 01275 595790
A&L Building Services
Terms & Conditions
A & L Building Services promise to the Customer
1.A&L Building Services will complete all the work agreed for the quotation price with these terms & conditions in mind; these terms & conditions will not change unless both parties consent in writing.
2.The only exception to the agreed quotation price might be in the material quote price and in the rare occasion that the materials cost more or the amount of materials needed to finish the project is more, then the extra price will have to be met by the customer but they will be told before anything is purchased.
3.All quotes given is priced for the job specifications and not time it takes to complete. Although we will try to give you a estimated finish date of the job, although it could be finished within the time estimated time given. We will always carry out our obligation to the client under this agreement to our highest standard of work with efficiency and resourcefulness.
4.All quotes provided are valid for up to 1 month from the company’s date of this agreement; following this period, quotes are open for reconsideration.
5.Accepting our quotation or estimate will bring these Terms & Conditions into effect.
6.We will have a very helpful and friendly attitude and will always try to complete all building works to a satisfied finish as soon as possible. This will take weather into account, material availability at the time and any unforeseen circumstances.
7.Once we have given you a start date we will not start another job providing there has been no interruptions due to weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances, this also includes no interference from other trades if either of the foresaid happens then we will have to come back as soon as possible after any other jobs which are booked in have been completed first. 8.If the reason for the delay is the fault of the customer by not giving us the uninterrupted days that are needed by us to complete the works or by other trades that stop us doing the work on time then we will charge extra money to come back and complete the work.
A & L Building Services expectations of the Customer
1.The Customer must ensure easy site access before arrival on the first day so that work can begin immediately and thereafter.
2.The Customer needs to ensure that all moveable items are removed before start of work unless this has been quoted for or a mutual agreement has been made. This includes all furniture, radiators, curtains and curtain poles, pictures and any other applicable item. Failure to do so may result in extra charges and delays in work. 3.The Customer will allow reasonable access to water, electricity and toilet facilities at the customers cost. The Customer must also have storage space for materials and tools while work takes place.
4.The Client will be responsible for making sure that all measure’s to prevent pets, children and any other unauthorised personnel from entering the work area will be taken. If any of the above happens then we will stop work at once and will not start again until the area is made secure and an assurance that it will not happen again.
5.Once the job has started we expect the customer to give us uninterrupted work days, if the customer then decides that we cannot attend a certain day or days after the agreement has been signed we will have to stop the job if another job has been booked in. (as referenced in section 1 paragraph 6 & 7) Also all labour charges and materials due to the date we have to stop will have to be paid in full if it is due to the customer changing dates.
6.Any building materials that are left on site are the responsibility of the customer and A & L Building Services will not be held responsible for any theft or damage.
1.The job quoted for may require planning approval/ building regulation from the local Council. A & L Building Services will not include the price of these fees (which are payable to the Council for the Building Control Officer/ Planning Officer’s Inspection) or any work they deem necessary unless stated otherwise in the quotation. 2.A & L Building Services does have Public Liability Insurance of up to two million pounds which the Customer may see if desired.
3.Following new government legislation on trade waste, it is the Customer’s responsibility to dispose of any materials that have been unused, or any rubbish created by the required job; there is a charge for the A & L Building Services to remove any waste or rubbish to a government approved site.
4.All Customer information will remain confidential in accordance to the Data Protection Act 1988
5.The Customer should inform their insurer that building work is taking place on their property to ensure that work is covered by there insurance.
6.A&L Building Services may employ sub contractors to carry out any work on site, they are responsible for their own 3rd party liability. A&L Building Services will oversee any works being carried out by sub contractors and will take full general operation responsibility with any client and their contract with us this will also include our full guarantee & payment terms to us. If we get outside companies to do work for you we will let you know at time of quotation and they will be paid by you to them direct and will be covered by there own terms & conditions & Guarantees. I.E electric or gas installers.
1. In some cases where jobs carry a large price to them, there may be a need to have a staggered payment plan put in place. This will be shown on the quote or estimate. If this is the case and payment is not received within five calendar days of that stage being finished, then work on the next stage will be paused until payment has been received.
2.Any work that is to be carried out after the original quote will be priced verbally, confirmed in writing and agreed by both parties if price is accepted. No extra work will be carried out until a new quotation is written out and signed by both parties.
3.On some jobs the materials must be paid for by the customer before any work takes place.
4. The quotations that we provide aim to include as much detail as possible in order to avoid misunderstanding. If you would like to include any extra work that has not been included then inform A & L Building Services and we will update the quote. Any extra unseen work required will have to be agreed with the client and then another quotation will be added.
5.The quotes given assume there will be free access and uninterrupted work during the working hours.
6. Any building materials required for the job either by a sub contractor or A&L Building Services that have not been paid for in advance remain the property of A&L Building Services until full payment has been made; if paid by cheque then this applies until the cheque has cleared. PLEASE DO POST CHEQUES. IF YOU PREFER TO PAY BY CHEQUE THEN CHEQUES MUST BE HANDED TO THE PERSON THAT IS ON SITE AT THE END OF LAST DAY OF WORK.
7.Access to the site for the collection of equipment, or unused materials, plant etc. is required until payment is paid and/or cleared.
8. Please can you reply to your invoice email with your invoice number stating that the job has been completed to your satisfaction. This will then mean that all or any outstanding money owing for the job will become due and also this will commence your one year guarantee.
9. We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
10. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can, in order so that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. If you have a problem with any work or are not happy with anything please do not pay at this moment in time and do not send the reply to the invoice email. But get back in touch with us on 07425012589 and speak to Allen direct or phone the office on 01173 257790/01275 595790 or email email@example.com within 5 working days and we will respond to you within 24 hours and come and see you about your concerns. All this will be logged and documented for reference. Once this has been sorted out you will be then required to sign off the work as completed to satisfaction at the end of the day and then payment will become due again.
11. Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 01174566032.
12. Payment can be made by cash, bank transfer, or by building society cheque and we will provide a receipt upon payment. All cheques must be made payable to A Harpley. PLEASE DO POST CHEQUES. IF YOU PREFER TO PAY BY CHEQUE THEN CHEQUES MUST BE HANDED TO THE PERSON THAT IS ON SITE AT THE END OF LAST DAY OF WORK.
13. Any unpaid money after 5 days of completion will accrue a 3% above bank base rate interest charge on a daily basis until paid in full.
14. If we need to instruct a debt collector to collect any outstanding payments then all debt collector fees and all other costs incurred will be paid by the debtor
1.We cannot be held responsible for any cracks or damage that are caused by movement of the building structure as long as we use Tape or EML as this movement is unavoidable.
2.We cannot be held responsible for the dust and dirt created while work takes place; we also cannot be held responsible for any items left in the work area that get damaged as they should either be removed or covered before we arrive to start work.
3. If work is delayed for reasons through no faults of us or our suppliers then we will be able to claim back money for losses and any expenses that occur.
4.The guarantee period from final date of completion is 12 months; during this period we will correct any problems caused by bad workmanship or defective materials at our own cost unless materials are provided by the client. We will not be held responsible if the cause of the defect was from the client or any other accidental damage not resulting from our work. Our guarantee is not insurance backed
5.If materials used have been purchased by the customer and are found to be defective in our opinion then any work to replace or correct the items will incur extra costs.
6.If the adjoining property or site access will affect the finished work and A & L Building Services can predict this, we will write a letter informing the client and work will continue at their own risk; if the problem was unseen then we are not responsible for the damage caused.
7.A&L Building Services take no responsibility for existing problems e.g. rotting timber in pre-standing structures such as door frames etc.
8.If the client has any problems with the work after the guarantee is over then we will investigate the issue as soon as possible and talk about a solution to the problem. Charges might apply for any work outside the guarantee or to any item not covered by our guarantee. Your statutory rights under the consumer rights act are unaffected. Our guarantee is not insurance backed.
Health & Safety
1.Health and Safety issues relating to the job being undertaken will be the responsibility of the A & L Building Services.
2.It is the customers responsibility to make sure all children adhere to our health & safety policy.
3.We will stop work if children, pets or unauthorised personnel come into our work area and will ask the customer to make sure it will not happen again as it can cause injury to us or them.
Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013:
Notice of the Right to Cancel
Under the above named regulation you have a right to cancel this contract during a period of 14 calendar days from the day this notice is sent or given to you. However if you have already given written approval for the work to begin before the end of the cancellation period you may be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so by (electronic mail) and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 07587698645 and we will acknowledge this call by email back to you.
Allen Harpley & Leon Harpley are the partners of A&L Building Services